Monday, August 23, 2010

June













June was an extremely busy month, like we knew it would be. We started cleaning and painting the Whitewater place at the end of May, but we were limited to only weekends, so it took awhile. We painted Willow's room green, her bathroom a sponged yellow on yellow, the living room/dining room a grey color, and our bedroom a lavender. We managed to finish the major stuff before we officially moved in on June 12th, but there is still a lot to be done before it looks the way we want it to. Plus, we have all the unpacking and organizing that comes with moving again. Jerry was nice enough to help us with painting on the last weekend before we moved. Mandy was determined to paint and move before the baby came, but it was a bit harder. We were at least able to set up the furniture, and organize the necessary things by the end of the month. Mandy had a lot of fun on her last sub job of the year, high school physics teacher; she spent several hours correcting final exams. My cousin Tonya had her son, Javian Lee, early, born on June 4th, two weeks early and one day before his sister Jasmine. There are so many birthdays and anniversaries in June, but especially the first ten days. Andy gave me a gift certificate for a Prenatal Massage for my birthday, which was a great idea; I enjoyed being pampered a bit. I have continued to enjoy my prenatal yoga classes, but realize that I will be unable to continue after the baby is born, unfortunately. We were able to get out to Kirschbaum's and pick strawberries on the 19th, though they weren't as good this year as the last; we stopped to meet Javian as well. I was placed with a cooperating teacher in Fort Atkinson for my student teaching in the fall and was able to meet with her, on my due date, to talk and tour the school; I really enjoyed our meeting and felt like we really clicked. Early the next morning, I realized I was having contractions and was pretty sure we were in labor. We were lucky that Bob was able to take care of the piano moving, since we couldn't be there that day like we had planned. Andy called work and we finished loading stuff into the car and took Willow and Molly with us to Bob and Dorothy's. We spent a few hours there, but after calling the doctor's office, we were advised to go to the hospital asap. It was a good idea we left when we did, because Lucy Skye was born about two hours from the time we arrived at the hospital, incredibly faster than I ever imagined would happen.

No comments: